Saturday, April 1, 2017

The struggles of a filmmaker

So I just got back from filming at Jessi's! I think it went really well. Jessi and Isa started last night because I was working, again. They filmed up to the part where Isa, the actress of the main character, is about to walk up to the house. The only real trouble we had was finding the right shot and angles that went along with the vision in our head. The plan is to add most of the sound during editing, so we can establish the right tone for each world.
This is the light contrasts of the two worlds.
I really like the look when its right in the middle of the two worlds. This is one of our shots when Isa is walking into the blue world. Actually, for this shot Jessi had to lay on the floor and position the camera on the metal divider just to get the right shot for the scene. I'm excited to see how the whole things turns out after all the editing. Reflecting on that experience now, I actually enjoyed filming this opening. Although we had our difficulties through out the project, I would consider doing this again, which is good since I'm taking AICE Media A next year. We haven't completely finished filming but we plan on meeting up on Monday to film the last couple of seconds. We figured out, that to do the last shot, we need a second blue light bulb, which hopefully Jessi finds.

                                                                                                                     xoxo Laerke

No comments:

Post a Comment